As first lady Michelle Obama embarks on her good-will tour across China, she and her aides have been using photo-sharing platform Instagram to document her travels. She even has her own hashtag for the trip: #FLOTUSinChina.
Check out a filtered view of her trip abroad below:
First lady Michelle Obama lands in Beijing.
The first lady, along with Peng Liyuan, the wife of China’s President, Xi Jinping, stopped by a robotics class at the Beijing Normal School, one of China’s elite high schools.
“While we loved our visit to the Forbidden City, we only wish we had more time to see everything. But then again, I’m not sure there could ever be enough time to fully appreciate all of the art and history within this extraordinary place,” said Obama on Instagram.
“When it comes to expressing yourself freely and worshiping as you choose and having open access to information, we believe those universal rights — they are universal rights that are the birthright of every person on this planet,” said Obama to Chinese and American students at Peking University.
Obama also visited the Summer Palace in Beijing.
In response to her first visit to the Great Wall, the first lady said, “Simply breathtaking.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization