Star Wars devotees are about as dedicated as aficionados can be, probably somewhere between preteen One Direction obsessives and oenophiles. But except for some dreamy sketches and Edward Hopper still lifes, One Direction and wine haven’t produced the kind of adoring fan art that Star Wars: Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back has yielded in this two-hour version of the movie.
More than 480 fans sent out 1,500 submissions contributed sections to this shot-for-shot recreation of the film. It’s unbelievably varied and really fun to watch, if you’re a Star Wars person. It’s “a testament to the talent, imagination, and dedication of Star Wars fans,” says Star Wars’ official description of the film.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time