William Shatner is rumored to be reprising his role as Captain James T. Kirk in Roberto Orci’s Star Trek 3, Badass Digest reports.
The geeky movie site says that Shatner will share a scene with Chris Pine, who played Kirk in the previous two Star Trek movies in 2009 and 2013.
Shatner played the captain in the famed television series from 1966 to 1969, and will play a “future Kirk” in the scene, Badass Digest claims. It adds that the scene will also involve the current Spock, played by Zachary Quinto, and a future Spock, played by the original actor, Leonard Nimoy.
The Wrap reports that a “studio insider” has confirmed a cameo is on the cards, but that no deal had officially been reached, since the script is not yet finalized.
Indeed, Shatner anything but confirmed the role reprisal on his Twitter account: “I’m amazed that folks find all these things to write about on what I didn’t say,” he tweeted late Monday night. “Can’t wait for full moon on Weds when the craziness peaks!”
He also pinned a tweet from Sept. 23: “Let’s talk ST. I don’t know anything about the current gossip. Nobody has contacted me. Right now it’s just rhetoric to cause hype.”
Star Trek 3 is expected to open in 2016, the Wrap reports.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time