Singin’ in the Rain minus the singing and score is the latest in the series that brought us “Dancin’ in the Streets” sans music, the “Turn Down for What” video absent its soundtrack, and showed us just how creepy the video for Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel” looks without a song.
In the new clip from Musicless Musicvideos, the famous musical becomes a very soggy farce as Gene Kelly dances through puddles, climbs on lamp posts, spins under the raindrops and generally takes up too much space on the city sidewalk. Absent a score, Kelly’s fancy footwork and elegant silhouette fade into the background as the sound effects and goofy behavior take center stage. The actor ends up looking like the long-lost member of The Three Stooges, in a good way.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com