New episodes of Twin Peaks are coming to Showtime in 2016, the creators of the cult ’90s show announced on Twitter Monday.
The influential show aired on ABC from 1990-1991, and is scheduled to return to Showtime 25 years after it was cancelled. Created by David Lynch and Mark Frost, the show is a surrealist murder mystery about the killing of a homecoming queen in a quiet Washington town.
Unnamed sources tell Variety that the new episodes currently being written by Lynch and Frost are set in the present day, but will continue plot developments from the second season. Lynch is expected to direct all episodes.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Charlotte Alter at email@example.com