The newest Cheerios ad is a serious tearjerker — but in a good way. This Canadian spot tells the story of two dads, Jonathan and Andre, and their adopted daughter, Raphaelle.
At first, Jonathan and Andre talk about how they fell in love, but Andre notes “I thought that it would never be possible to have a child, given that I’m gay.” After they got together, they describe when they first decided to adopt. “We couldn’t keep all this luck and love for ourselves,” he said. “We needed to share.”
Cheerios seems enamored with the idea of fatherhood recently, after its fast-paced #HowToDad ad aired in July:
This one seems to be a more socially conscious take on that theme, more in the vein of the heart-warming ad featuring an interracial family that aired during the Superbowl (to both widespread acclaim and racist comments.)
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.