The newest Cheerios ad is a serious tearjerker — but in a good way. This Canadian spot tells the story of two dads, Jonathan and Andre, and their adopted daughter, Raphaelle.
At first, Jonathan and Andre talk about how they fell in love, but Andre notes “I thought that it would never be possible to have a child, given that I’m gay.” After they got together, they describe when they first decided to adopt. “We couldn’t keep all this luck and love for ourselves,” he said. “We needed to share.”
Cheerios seems enamored with the idea of fatherhood recently, after its fast-paced #HowToDad ad aired in July:
This one seems to be a more socially conscious take on that theme, more in the vein of the heart-warming ad featuring an interracial family that aired during the Superbowl (to both widespread acclaim and racist comments.)
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time