The Coast Guard rescued a disoriented man in a hydro pod bubble 70 nautical miles east of St. Augustine, Florida early Saturday morning.
Reza Baluchi, a U.S. citizen, was found in an inflatable bubble, disoriented and asking for directions to Bermuda, the Coast Guard said. He was carrying protein bars, bottled water, a GPS and a satellite phone.
The Coast Guard asked Baluchi to end his voyage due to the lack of supplies on his vessel, but Blauchi refused. Baluchi was monitored until he activated his Personal Locating Beacon on Saturday morning and the Coast Guard dispatched vessels and helicopter crews to his position to rescue him.
Baluchi was uninjured.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears