As the Friday release of Gone Girl dominated Oscar buzz and captured the attention of celebrities, the book that inspired the movie has also had a surge in popularity. Gillian Flynn’s best-selling novel by the same title has claimed the top spot on Amazon books.
More than twice as many books were sold this week compared to last week, according to an Amazon Books spokesperson. More impressively, sales tripled in the days following the release of a trailer in July.
Flynn is no stranger to best-selling success. Gone Girl spent 91 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, where it debuted in the number two spot in 2012.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow