Matthew McConaughey is a well-established master of speeches, both on-screen and off, so when he shows up to address his alma mater’s football team, greatness is to be expected. The Oscar-winning actor visited the University of Texas last week and immediately attempted to downplay his speech-related intentions, then ended up delivering a five-minute opus anyway — complete with that chest-bumping bit made famous in The Wolf of Wall Street that he does before scenes to rid himself of nervousness. McConaughey also revealed that his favorite movie that he’s ever worked on was Mud, which, though a little off the beaten path, makes sense because Mud was awesome.
Oh, and then Texas thumped Kansas 23-0. McConaughey’s special powers must be real.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'