Teresa Giudice, star of Real Housewives of New Jersey was sentenced Thursday to 15 months in prison. She and her husband Joe Giudice, who was also sentenced, pled not guilty to 39 counts that included bank fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud.
Giudice asked the judge for no jail time. She stated in court that she is nothing like the intemperate character viewers see on the Bravo reality TV show, calling it “little more than a carefully crafted fiction, engineered by Bravo TV through scripted lines and clever editing,” TMZ reports.
Joe Giudice was also sentenced to 41 months in prison and order to pay $414,588 in restitution. He will also be placed under supervision for two years after prison.
Giudice had argued that her four children would be left alone were both she and her husband imprisoned, but the judge allowed their sentences to be carried out consecutively so that their children would be looked after.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World