Teresa Giudice, star of Real Housewives of New Jersey was sentenced Thursday to 15 months in prison. She and her husband Joe Giudice, who was also sentenced, pled not guilty to 39 counts that included bank fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud.
Giudice asked the judge for no jail time. She stated in court that she is nothing like the intemperate character viewers see on the Bravo reality TV show, calling it “little more than a carefully crafted fiction, engineered by Bravo TV through scripted lines and clever editing,” TMZ reports.
Joe Giudice was also sentenced to 41 months in prison and order to pay $414,588 in restitution. He will also be placed under supervision for two years after prison.
Giudice had argued that her four children would be left alone were both she and her husband imprisoned, but the judge allowed their sentences to be carried out consecutively so that their children would be looked after.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at email@example.com