Football players from Tulane University in New Orleans posted a video online this week pledging to “help end violence against women on college campuses” and calling on others to do the same.
“These are our friends and our classmates,” says a player in the video.
“And for too long we have ignored it’s a problem rather than deal with it. But not anymore,” says another.
Promoting the hashtag #TUtakethepledge, Tulane players urge others to take the pledge themselves, to share the video or make their own.
“We did this video because we want to express the importance for awareness,” says the YouTube video description, “not just because of recent events, but from the past present, and into the future until this issue is brought to the forefront and resolved.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time