Back in 1993, Sarah Silverman joined Saturday Night Live as a writer and performer. Things didn’t go too well, though, and she only lasted for one season. (See some of her clips here.) But now, two decades later, the famously potty-mouthed comedian is returning to Studio 8H — this time to host the show, which also features Maroon 5 as the musical guest.
Silverman teamed up with cast member Taran Killam for this week’s promos, which mostly consist of them goofing around. Silverman talks a little bit about poop, a little bit about feminism and a little bit about the importance of voting. Yeah, we can probably expect this show to be a weird one.
On a sort of but not really related note, here’s a video of Aubrey Plaza doing a spot-on Sarah Silverman impression:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This