Back in 1993, Sarah Silverman joined Saturday Night Live as a writer and performer. Things didn’t go too well, though, and she only lasted for one season. (See some of her clips here.) But now, two decades later, the famously potty-mouthed comedian is returning to Studio 8H — this time to host the show, which also features Maroon 5 as the musical guest.
Silverman teamed up with cast member Taran Killam for this week’s promos, which mostly consist of them goofing around. Silverman talks a little bit about poop, a little bit about feminism and a little bit about the importance of voting. Yeah, we can probably expect this show to be a weird one.
On a sort of but not really related note, here’s a video of Aubrey Plaza doing a spot-on Sarah Silverman impression:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving