Arkansas police discovered the body of Beverly Carter, a real estate agent who went missing after showing a property last week, in a roadside shallow grave close to midnight Tuesday. Arron Lewis, 33, admitted to kidnapping Carter after 12 hours of police questioning on Monday, but would not reveal where she was last. Lewis was admitted to a hospital due to an alleged vehicle accident Sunday. He was arrested the following day and now faces capital murder charges, a spokesman for the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office said. Carter, 49, was reported missing by her husband Thursday when she didn’t come home that night. More than 200 volunteers helped search for her body.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time