Jon Hamm is leaving retro behind for the time being and delving into the dystopian. The Mad Men star has signed on to appear in the upcoming feature-length special of Black Mirror.
If you’re unfamiliar with the British anthology series, which takes a dark, satirical look at society and where it’s headed, now is the time to catch up. The upcoming holiday special, which is slated to begin filming in the UK this week, will show three inter-woven stories of “Yuletide techno-paranoia,” according to a release about the episode. Though details are still sparse, Hamm’s character will appear in all three stories.
Also appearing in the special will be Oona Chaplin of Game of Thrones fame and Rafe Spall, who appeared in One Day.
The series was created by writer and broadcaster Charlie Brooker, who said in a statement, “I’m revoltingly happy that Jon, Rafe and Oona are participating in the horrible pageant that is Black Mirror. As far as I’m concerned their presence is a huge Christmas present that’s arrived early.”
For his part, Hamm said that he’s long been a fan of the series, which premiered in 2011, noting that “[i]ts dark humor and intelligent observation of our society and values hooked me deeply as a viewer and I’m honored that Charlie and the rest of the creative team have asked me to participate in wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement