Attention, dudes of the world: boy-band wonder One Direction, known for stealing the hearts of teenage girls around the world, would prefer if you didn’t try and also steal their lady friends. On “Steal My Girl,” the first official single from their upcoming fourth album, Four, the band reminds male listeners that there are billions of fish in the sea for you to choose from — so long as you keep your hands off the women that “belong” to them. (Come on, fellas, why you gotta be so rude? Don’t you know Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall are human, too?)
As for the actual music, 1D appears to be sticking with the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” philosophy. Co-written by Louis and Liam, “Steal My Girl” takes some cues from the folksy “Story of My Life” and puts a mellow spin on the 1980s-arena-rock worship of their last release, Midnight Memories. Hear the track above, and catch Four in stores on Nov. 17.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma