Neil deGrasse Tyson, the esteemed astrophysicist and host of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, can now add “voice actor” to his resume after a recent stint voicing Waddles, a pig, in Disney’s Gravity Falls.
The show follows brother-sister duo Dipper and Mabel Pines on their supernatural misadventures in the fictional town of Gravity Falls, Oregon; Waddles is Mabel’s pet pig.
Neil deGrasse Tyson becomes the voice of Waddles in the upcoming episode, “Little Gift Shop of Horrors,” when the pet pig accidentally eats a bowl of brain-enhancing jelly giving it the mental know-how to create a machine that allows it to talk.
On his experience of voicing a pig, Neil deGrasse Tyson had this to say: “I’m a fan of helping anything get smarter. Even if it’s a pig.”
This episode of Gravity Falls premieres on Saturday, October 4 at 9pm during Disney Channel’s “Monstober” programming event.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve