Neil deGrasse Tyson, the esteemed astrophysicist and host of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, can now add “voice actor” to his resume after a recent stint voicing Waddles, a pig, in Disney’s Gravity Falls.
The show follows brother-sister duo Dipper and Mabel Pines on their supernatural misadventures in the fictional town of Gravity Falls, Oregon; Waddles is Mabel’s pet pig.
Neil deGrasse Tyson becomes the voice of Waddles in the upcoming episode, “Little Gift Shop of Horrors,” when the pet pig accidentally eats a bowl of brain-enhancing jelly giving it the mental know-how to create a machine that allows it to talk.
On his experience of voicing a pig, Neil deGrasse Tyson had this to say: “I’m a fan of helping anything get smarter. Even if it’s a pig.”
This episode of Gravity Falls premieres on Saturday, October 4 at 9pm during Disney Channel’s “Monstober” programming event.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022