Jeff Taylor, wing for the Charlotte Hornets, was arrested early Thursday in an East Lansing hotel and charged with domestic assault.
The 25-year-old basketball player’s bond was set at $5,000 after his arrest at the Marriot at University Place in East Lansing, WCNC reports. His charges include domestic assault, assault, and malicious destruction of property.
Taylor, who is entering his third season in the league, played just 26 games last season before he ruptured his right Achilles’ tendon.
Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, said Monday that in light of the recent controversies over domestic violence that have plagued the NFL, the NBA would reexamine its domestic violence policy, reports CBS Sports.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body