Jeff Taylor, wing for the Charlotte Hornets, was arrested early Thursday in an East Lansing hotel and charged with domestic assault.
The 25-year-old basketball player’s bond was set at $5,000 after his arrest at the Marriot at University Place in East Lansing, WCNC reports. His charges include domestic assault, assault, and malicious destruction of property.
Taylor, who is entering his third season in the league, played just 26 games last season before he ruptured his right Achilles’ tendon.
Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, said Monday that in light of the recent controversies over domestic violence that have plagued the NFL, the NBA would reexamine its domestic violence policy, reports CBS Sports.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.