When Taylor Swift isn’t shaking off her haters, she spends a lot of time on Tumblr. And the singer, whose new album 1989 drops next month, wants you to know that she is totally in on the joke when it comes to a certain Internet meme about her.
A post featuring a high-school photo of Swift paired with a caption claiming a girl named Becky died from marijuana use made the rounds on the blogging site after one user replied, “pretty sure that’s Taylor Swift.” One poster’s reply — “no its becky” — become a bigger joke than the caption itself, and now Swift has a T-shirt featuring with those very words.
Swift was spotted wearing the shirt Wednesday night, and on Thursday, the pop star showed it off in her own Tumblr post, where she joked about “rethinking the album cover” of 1989. Save it for the deluxe re-release, Taylor.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.