Sarah Hyland has obtained a temporary restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, who she claims is physically abusive, according to People.
The 23-year-old Modern Family actress alleges in court documents that ex-boyfriend Matt Prokop, 24, shoved her up against a car, choked her and threatened her life during an argument in May. Hyland also claims that at other times Prokop threatened to hurt her dog and to set her house of fire.
Hyland reportedly asked for Modern Family costar Julie Bowen, who plays her mom on the show, to help “peacefully end” the five-year relationship, according to TMZ.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time