Members of a community watch group in New York City have accused a NYPD officer of shoving a pregnant woman to the ground during an incident.
The group posted a video to the “El Grito de Sunset Park” Facebook page, in which they claim a police officer can be seen knocking over pregnant Sandra Amequita as she tries to intervene in her son’s arrest. The video allegedly shows an officer pushing Amequita into the ground on her stomach in order to subdue her.
An NYPD spokesperson said that the incident was under review by their Internal Affairs Bureau.
“I was afraid something happened to my baby. I am still afraid that something is wrong,” Amezquita told the New York Daily News. Her 17-year-old son was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest and harassment. She was given a summons for disorderly conduct.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk