Monday’s Premiere Props Hollywood Auction Extravaganza XIII has some impressive items: a sword from Kill Bill, a gorilla mask from Planet of the Apes, the Riddler’s hat from Batman Forever. These films would have been different without these pieces; some films are so connected to their props, they become symbols for the movie.
And so cinephiles clamor to get their hands on these objects that embody their favorite movies and are willing to pay a fortune to get them. $200,000 for a small metal tube, $78,000 for a suit of clothes: if it graced the silver screen, it’s worth more than gold.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body