“Since 9/11, the NYPD has always been at a very high level of concern and focus on the counterterrorism issues and the issue of dealing with terrorism,” said New York City Police Commissioner Bill Bratton in an interview with NBC News. “Those that have been involved in it for a number of years in New York City and the NYPD believe that this period of time is one of the most significant dangerous periods ever seen since 9/11 13 years ago…”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving