What seems like years of speculation has finally come to a close, with HBO announcing Tuesday that Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn will serve as the leads in the second season of the network’s hit drama True Detective.
Farrell had already confirmed his own casting on Sunday, and Vaughn’s name had been mentioned as one of the possible leads in recent weeks. Also as rumored, Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious, Community) will serve as the director for the season’s first two episodes.
Here’s the press release from HBO:
It’s worth mentioning that although there’s already been substantial outcry on social media since the casting of Farrell (and now Vaughn) was announced, there are still two more leads left to be cast, so long as the press release is to be believed.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy