What seems like years of speculation has finally come to a close, with HBO announcing Tuesday that Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn will serve as the leads in the second season of the network’s hit drama True Detective.
Farrell had already confirmed his own casting on Sunday, and Vaughn’s name had been mentioned as one of the possible leads in recent weeks. Also as rumored, Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious, Community) will serve as the director for the season’s first two episodes.
Here’s the press release from HBO:
It’s worth mentioning that although there’s already been substantial outcry on social media since the casting of Farrell (and now Vaughn) was announced, there are still two more leads left to be cast, so long as the press release is to be believed.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement