Ah, standing desks. Great way to avoid the many negative effects of sitting all day, and great way to increase your coworkers’ disdain for you. But now, you can take that a few steps further with this wooden hamster wheel desk. Forget standing while you work — now you can walk while you work.
The Hamster Wheel Standing Desk is the brainchild of artist Robb Godshaw and developer Will Doenlen. The video above shows a brief glimpse into how they constructed it using four sheets of plywood, two skateboard wheels, two pipes and 240 wood screws.
Here’s a look at how the final product works:
Admittedly, it looks pretty cool — but also a tad depressing, bringing up the kind of themes we remembered from Office Space. You know, about office workers being nothing more than mindless little worker bees (or worker hamsters?) frittering away their meaningless lives. But if you ignore that idea, and don’t mind some disdainful glances from your coworkers, this could be the perfect desk for you.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy