Pope Francis’s white skull cap is up for auction on eBay and bidding is already up to €100,050 (about $130,000) so far.
The satirical Italian TV show Le Iene (which means “hyenas” in English) went up to Pope Francis as he boarded his jeep in St. Peter’s Square in Vatican City and offered him a new white cap in exchange for his old one, AFP reports. The Pope agreed to the switch, and his old cap was posted on eBay Wednesday evening. Within 24 hours it had already attracted a bid of over €100,000.
According to AFP, the proceeds of the sale will go to an Italian charity fighting child mortality in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
There are 128 bids so far. Bidding closes September 24.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022