This article originally appeared on Lost at E Minor.
Since nobody likes to wait at traffic lights, one company, Smart, decided to place a very special set of traffic lights in the middle of Lisbon, Portugal. They allowed random pedestrians to enter an oversized traffic light studio, dance, and their moves were displayed in real time on the traffic lights outside.
The idea wasn’t just to amuse people waiting at stop lights, but also to make it a safer area, since Smart believes traffic lights are some of the most dangerous spots in the city. And through this extra fun installation, Smart was able to make 81% more people stop at the red lights and wait. See! Dancing can change the world!
(via Viral Nova)
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer