It’s possible that you may have heard that Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter is retiring at the end of the 2014 season. As a result, baseball fans have been treated to a lengthy farewell tour, some questionable decision-making to keep the 40-year-old Yankees captain in the lineup and, most enjoyably, a few video retrospectives, courtesy of his biggest sponsors.
The first one was this offering from Nike, which featured Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Jay Z and countless others tipping their hat for the future Hall of Famer. It was pretty awesome (save for coining the unfortunate word — if it can be called that — RE2PECT).
Now it’s Gatorade’s turn. The sports drink company decided to go the other way with theirs, forgoing star cameos and new-fangled color photography in favor of New Yorkers and good ol’ back-and-white. Oh, and it’s got Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” playing in the background, which never hurts. Whether you’ll miss Jeter likely depends on your level of Yankees fandom, but it is nice to have these commercials around.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer