You’ve probably heard “All About That Bass” — Meghan Trainor’s total earworm of a late-summer jam — plenty of times by now, so you might have noticed her assertion that she’s “all about that bass — no treble.”
Well, one musician (who goes by the name Here Comes Brooklyn) took that assertion literally and decided to see what the song would sound like if Trainor were indeed against including any treble. As it turns out, the track sounds pretty awful without it. This is why we shouldn’t speak in absolutes.
The song does, however, sound pretty great played on an upright bass:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com