Madonna, never one to dodge the spotlight, shared a snapshot of her ever-growing armpit hair with the hashtag happy caption: “Long hair…… Don’t Care!!!!!! #artforfreedom #rebelheart#revolutionoflove.” The hashtag #artforfreedom references her digital initiative that encourages artists to express creativity in a way that brings awareness to human rights violations, but the hair is clearly all her.
But Madonna’s nod to women deciding to go natural speaks to a growing trend in women’s health. Actress Cameron Diaz encouraged women to consider not shaving their pubic hair in her recent Body Book. And retailer American Apparel courted controversy after featuring mannequins with full-grown, visible pubic hair in a New York City storefront.
While a woman certainly has the choice on one’s armpit hair, the harsh comments on Madonna’s snapshot prove this trend might not be growing along with her hair.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time