Madonna, never one to dodge the spotlight, shared a snapshot of her ever-growing armpit hair with the hashtag happy caption: “Long hair…… Don’t Care!!!!!! #artforfreedom #rebelheart#revolutionoflove.” The hashtag #artforfreedom references her digital initiative that encourages artists to express creativity in a way that brings awareness to human rights violations, but the hair is clearly all her.
But Madonna’s nod to women deciding to go natural speaks to a growing trend in women’s health. Actress Cameron Diaz encouraged women to consider not shaving their pubic hair in her recent Body Book. And retailer American Apparel courted controversy after featuring mannequins with full-grown, visible pubic hair in a New York City storefront.
While a woman certainly has the choice on one’s armpit hair, the harsh comments on Madonna’s snapshot prove this trend might not be growing along with her hair.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow