On last night’s Conan, former SNL star Nasim Pedrad gave a little taste of what could have been. She said she constantly pushed for the opportunity to impersonate Aziz Ansari — and though it finally happened, the sketch never aired. O’Brien said he got a hold of the footage and shared it with his audience.
First, of course, O’Brien chatted with Pedrad about her very popular Kim Kardashian impression — and her experience meeting Kim in person. The conversation soon shifted to other people Pedrad had wanted to play, and that’s when she revealed her steadfast mission to buck the odds and play Aziz Ansari. “The producers were always like, ‘Hey, what about this week you play a pretty gal?’ and I was always like, ‘Or, what if I play another small man?'”
Sadly, Pedrad won’t be returning to SNL this season, so her dreams of playing Ansari on air will never become a reality. Too bad — we would have loved to see her perfect the classic Tom Haverford face.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy