Correction appended: Sept. 17.
Working Mother magazine, a publication “committed to helping moms balance their personal and professional lives,” has crunched the numbers to find out which companies are the best places for career-oriented moms to work in 2014.
The 450-question survey includes questions about leave policies, benefit, child care and more with special emphasis on advancement programs, workplace flexibility and representation of women in the company. Here are five of the best companies for working moms.
T. Kearney (Management and consulting firm in Chicago, IL)
Abbott (Health care company in Abbott Park, IL)
AbbVie (Biopharmaceutical company based in North Chicago, IL)
Accenture (Management consulting, tec services and outsourcing firm based in New York, NY)
The Advisory Board Company (Technology, research and consulting firm in Washington, DC)
Working Mother’s full 2014 list of the 100 Best Companies can be browsed here.
Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly described the above five companies. The Working Mother’s 2014 list does not rank companies.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World