Although the Minnesota Vikings announced Monday Adrian Peterson would return to the team after he admitted to using corporal punishment to discipline his son, Peterson is now facing new allegations of an earlier instance of child abuse, according to Sports Illustrated. SI reports that Peterson hit another one of his sons last June, leaving a scar on his forehead.
The team reinstated Peterson under the argument of “due process”– something they did not do for Chris Cook who, after being accused of choking his girlfriend in 2011, was suspended indefinitely without pay and missed 10 games before being acquitted, according to Sports Illustrated.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now