Although the Minnesota Vikings announced Monday Adrian Peterson would return to the team after he admitted to using corporal punishment to discipline his son, Peterson is now facing new allegations of an earlier instance of child abuse, according to Sports Illustrated. SI reports that Peterson hit another one of his sons last June, leaving a scar on his forehead.
The team reinstated Peterson under the argument of “due process”– something they did not do for Chris Cook who, after being accused of choking his girlfriend in 2011, was suspended indefinitely without pay and missed 10 games before being acquitted, according to Sports Illustrated.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms