NOAA officials have declared the first major hurricane of the season, “Eduoard,” a category 3 whirlwind currently some 420 miles east of Bermuda.
Hurricane Edouard’s winds top 115 miles per hour and extend roughly 45 miles outward from the eye of the storm. NOAA says it’s moving north and west at 13 miles per hour. Officials expect the storm to lose strength as early as Wednesday, and they predict it has no likelihood of making landfall or causing damage.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time