Correction appended 5:02 p.m. ET
This photograph of Benedict Cumberbatch posed as Pride and Prejudice’s Mr. Darcy is a literal act of charity.
The Sherlock star recreated Colin Firth’s iconic scene of Darcy in the lake (from the BBC’s 1995 television adaptation of the novel), as a part of the Give Up Clothes For Good campaign by Cancer Research UK and clothing store TK Maxx.
It’s also an act of charity for ogling fans — although we’re not quite sure what we did to deserve it.
In case you needed to remember the original scene of Colin Firth playing a very wet Fitzwilliam Darcy, we’ve provided video footage below:
The original version of this story incorrectly stated the first name of the Jane Austen character played by Colin Firth in the 1995 BBC miniseries. It is Fitzwilliam.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement