Correction appended 5:02 p.m. ET
This photograph of Benedict Cumberbatch posed as Pride and Prejudice’s Mr. Darcy is a literal act of charity.
The Sherlock star recreated Colin Firth’s iconic scene of Darcy in the lake (from the BBC’s 1995 television adaptation of the novel), as a part of the Give Up Clothes For Good campaign by Cancer Research UK and clothing store TK Maxx.
It’s also an act of charity for ogling fans — although we’re not quite sure what we did to deserve it.
In case you needed to remember the original scene of Colin Firth playing a very wet Fitzwilliam Darcy, we’ve provided video footage below:
The original version of this story incorrectly stated the first name of the Jane Austen character played by Colin Firth in the 1995 BBC miniseries. It is Fitzwilliam.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization