— David Nelson (@DavidNelsonNews) September 12, 2014
A receipt from the Philadelphia restaurant PYT featuring a 20-cent tip (on a $61.56 bill) from Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean “Shady” McCoy is now going for more than $80,000 on eBay, the restaurant confirmed to TIME.
Last week, McCoy said he left the unusually small tip because the waiter was “being rude and disrespectful.” Now, the current owner of the receipt is trying to turn the stiffing into a force for good by giving the money back to the restaurant.
The user behind the auction says the money from the final bid will be given as a massive tip to all the restaurant’s employees to thank them “for their hard work and dedication.”
“The only thing we would like to ask on your end is for the winner to write a personalized note or card to the PYT staff, which we give to the staff along with the winning bid/tip,” the description reads.
According to a manager at the restaurant that TIME spoke with, the restaurant’s owner gave the receipt to a friend before it wound up on eBay.
McCoy signed a $45 million, five-year contract back in 2012.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization