A receipt from the Philadelphia restaurant PYT featuring a 20-cent tip (on a $61.56 bill) from Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean “Shady” McCoy is now going for more than $80,000 on eBay, the restaurant confirmed to TIME.
Last week, McCoy said he left the unusually small tip because the waiter was “being rude and disrespectful.” Now, the current owner of the receipt is trying to turn the stiffing into a force for good by giving the money back to the restaurant.
The user behind the auction says the money from the final bid will be given as a massive tip to all the restaurant’s employees to thank them “for their hard work and dedication.”
“The only thing we would like to ask on your end is for the winner to write a personalized note or card to the PYT staff, which we give to the staff along with the winning bid/tip,” the description reads.
According to a manager at the restaurant that TIME spoke with, the restaurant’s owner gave the receipt to a friend before it wound up on eBay.
McCoy signed a $45 million, five-year contract back in 2012.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023