Porn star Christy Mack posted photos Monday of her recovery from injuries she sustained from a beating allegedly at the hands of her ex-boyfriend, MMA fighter “War Machine.”
Mack simultaneously released a statement on both Twitter and Instagram, featuring pictures showing her face two days after the incident, two weeks after the incident, four weeks after the incident, and on Saturday night when she attended a charity event. Mack’s injuries included broken bones around her eyes, a broken nose, missing teeth, a fractured rib and a ruptured liver.
Mack went on to say that she hasn’t felt like herself since the beating and is still getting used to all her physical transformations including cutting off all her hair and losing 15 pounds.
War Machine, who legally changed his name from Jonathan Koppenhaver, went missing for a week after the Aug. 8 incident before police apprehended him in California on Aug. 15.
On Aug. 11 Mack posted pictures of herself in the hospital along with a lengthy statement giving her side of the story. War Machine was brought back to Las Vegas, where he pled not guilty to 32 charges including kidnapping, sexual assault, battery and attempted murder.
The police responded to the wrong home when Mack made a 911 call that immediately disconnected during her attack, according to a report from KSNV. After a neighbor called 911 a second time—over two hours after Mack’s initial call—police allegedly took 17 minutes to respond.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate