Australian writer-director Diesel Shwarze, a Baz Luhrmann protegé, is developing an original musical feature film called Ziggy. The plot revolves around a hunchback escape artist who moves to New York in the 1920s and falls in love with the fiancée of a media mogul.
Shwarze worked with Luhrmann on Moulin Rouge and is teaming up with music producer and songwriter Alex Da Kid to develop the music. Kid has worked with Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Dr. Dre.
Rooney Mara (The Social Network, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) is attached to the picture, as is Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2).
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time