Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are starring in a movie together — again. After striking award-season gold in David O. Russell’s last two films, Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle (both were nominated for a host of Academy Awards; Lawrence won a best actress Oscar for the former), the two actors are playing a Depression-era couple in the upcoming Serena.
Based on a book by Ron Rash, the movie follows a couple whose timber empire comes into jeopardy when the wife, Serena, realizes she cannot bear children. Susanne Bier-directed pic is set to hit theaters on Nov. 27.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.