Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are starring in a movie together — again. After striking award-season gold in David O. Russell’s last two films, Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle (both were nominated for a host of Academy Awards; Lawrence won a best actress Oscar for the former), the two actors are playing a Depression-era couple in the upcoming Serena.
Based on a book by Ron Rash, the movie follows a couple whose timber empire comes into jeopardy when the wife, Serena, realizes she cannot bear children. Susanne Bier-directed pic is set to hit theaters on Nov. 27.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.