1. The long shadow of September 11th haunts our modern defense policy as well as our plan of attack against ISIS.
By Janine Davidson at the Council on Foreign Relations
2. Far from “The End of History:” Recent experience shows that democracy’s defenders have their work cut out for them. We should start by linking democratic values to our humanity.
By Timothy Stanley and Alexander Lee in the Atlantic
3. Climate change could remake agriculture. The world should diversify its crops.
By Sayed Azam-Ali in The Conversation
4. To transition from warfighting to the working world, America’s veterans need support from a broad range of government agencies. And that’s actually happening.
By Charles S. Clark in Government Executive
5. The Apple Watch will make people and computers more intimate.
By Walter Isaacson in Time
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now