One U.S. Navy pilot was missing and another receiving medical care after two F/A-18 Hornet jets crashed in the Western Pacific Ocean on Friday, the Navy said.
The two jets, which were assigned to the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier, have not been recovered. One of the pilots was quickly rescued. The cause of the incident is unknown but remains under investigation, the Navy said.
The Carl Vinson is currenty deployed in the Western Pacific ocean “supporting security and stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region,” the Navy said.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time