This is an intriguing crossover: The Wire stars Idris Elba and Dominic West will reunite for the Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory. The actors known for playing drug kingpin Stringer Bell and bad-boy cop Jimmy McNulty will both lend their voices to the wholesome Pixar sequel, West told ShortList this week.
Though the kids’ movie probably will not involve an underwater shoot-out, Pixar has a history of nodding to cultural landmarks, like 2001: A Space Odyssey in WALL-E and The Shining in Toy Story 3. So adults in the audience might be treated to a few sly drug-dealing references in Finding Dory.
Elba and West join an all-star cast for the cartoon. Ellen DeGeneres will return as Dory and Albert Brooks as Marlin. Diane Keaton, Eugene Levy and Ty Burrell have also signed on for the sequel.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up