This is an intriguing crossover: The Wire stars Idris Elba and Dominic West will reunite for the Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory. The actors known for playing drug kingpin Stringer Bell and bad-boy cop Jimmy McNulty will both lend their voices to the wholesome Pixar sequel, West told ShortList this week.
Though the kids’ movie probably will not involve an underwater shoot-out, Pixar has a history of nodding to cultural landmarks, like 2001: A Space Odyssey in WALL-E and The Shining in Toy Story 3. So adults in the audience might be treated to a few sly drug-dealing references in Finding Dory.
Elba and West join an all-star cast for the cartoon. Ellen DeGeneres will return as Dory and Albert Brooks as Marlin. Diane Keaton, Eugene Levy and Ty Burrell have also signed on for the sequel.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment