The Better Business Bureau is warning school districts across the country to be on the lookout for fake invoices for educational supplies. In just the last few weeks, the BBB has received more than 3,300 inquiries and nearly 100 complaints from schools in 26 states.
The bogus invoices, from a company called Scholastic School Supply, show an amount due of $647.50 for a bulk purchase of math or art books that were not ordered and never received.
The invoices list an address in either Las Vegas or Sewell, N.J. Both are mail drops…
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time