Academy Award-winning actress Nicole Kidman’s father, Antony Kidman, has reportedly died in Singapore after a fall.
According to Australia’s news broadcaster ABC, the elder Kidman was in Singapore visiting his other daughter Antonia, Nicole’s sister, when the fall occurred. Few details of the accident have been released, though a Singapore police spokesman did tell Reuters that they were “investigating the unnatural death.”
Antony Kidman was a clinical psychologist, biochemist and author who had worked with the University of Technology’s Health Psychology Unit in Sydney, Australia. In 2005, he was awarded an Order of Australia for his contributions to health services.
“It is with great sadness that we learn of Dr Tony Kidman’s sudden passing. During his 43 years at the University of Technology, Sydney, Tony has contributed greatly—as a colleague, as a researcher, and as a health practitioner,” vice-chancellor professor Attila Brungs told Reuters in a statement. “Tony will be missed by all at UTS. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.”
Though there has been no official statement from Nicole Kidman yet. The actress shared a close relationship with her father, often bringing him and her mother, Janelle, onto the red carpet with her at premieres and award shows.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization