Academy Award-winning actress Nicole Kidman’s father, Antony Kidman, has reportedly died in Singapore after a fall.
According to Australia’s news broadcaster ABC, the elder Kidman was in Singapore visiting his other daughter Antonia, Nicole’s sister, when the fall occurred. Few details of the accident have been released, though a Singapore police spokesman did tell Reuters that they were “investigating the unnatural death.”
Antony Kidman was a clinical psychologist, biochemist and author who had worked with the University of Technology’s Health Psychology Unit in Sydney, Australia. In 2005, he was awarded an Order of Australia for his contributions to health services.
“It is with great sadness that we learn of Dr Tony Kidman’s sudden passing. During his 43 years at the University of Technology, Sydney, Tony has contributed greatly—as a colleague, as a researcher, and as a health practitioner,” vice-chancellor professor Attila Brungs told Reuters in a statement. “Tony will be missed by all at UTS. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.”
Though there has been no official statement from Nicole Kidman yet. The actress shared a close relationship with her father, often bringing him and her mother, Janelle, onto the red carpet with her at premieres and award shows.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment