Kanye West was reportedly rushed to a hospital in Melbourne for unknown reasons on Wednesday afternoon — but was able to perform a scheduled show that evening.
Woman’s Day said that the hip-hop artist visited a Melbourne hospital for an emergency MRI.
Nurses at the hospital had to clear the MRI waiting room so that the superstar rapper could get private treatment, Woman’s Day reported, but a woman who saw West there said the singer had either experienced a seizure or was believed to be on the verge of experiencing one.
“We were shocked because it looked so serious,” Loraine Terry told the magazine.
West, who has yet to comment on the incident, left the hospital within about two hours and performed that night at the 15,000-seat Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. He will conclude his September tour of Australia with two more concerts in Sydney and a final show in Brisbane.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Elizabeth Barber at email@example.com