Former White House Press Secretary and newly minted CNN Contributor Jay Carney had a rough welcome to the cable network Wednesday after President Barack Obama’s address to the nation about his strategy for confronting ISIS.
Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, who ran unsuccessfully for president against Obama in 2008, appeared on CNN to respond to the President’s speech and laid into Carney’s comments in support of his former boss.
Watch the exchange in the video above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving