As has been widely speculated since the huge debut of Guardians of the Galaxy last month, NBC announced today that Chris Pratt will be hosting the Sept. 27 premiere of Saturday Night Live‘s 40th season, with Ariana Grande as the musical guest. The Pratt-Grande duo will be followed by Sarah Silverman (late of Masters of Sex and the Emmy-winning Sarah Silverman: We Are Miracles) and musical guest Maroon 5. This will mark the first appearance for both Pratt and Grande, but Silverman and Maroon 5 (in particular frontman Adam Levine) are familiar visitors to the late-night comedy show.
No official word yet on who will be hosting the season’s third episode, though rumors have been swirling that the honor could go to former long-time cast member Bill Murray. That certainly wouldn’t be a bad trio to kick off SNL‘s anniversary season.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org