If you’re trying to eat fewer unhealthy snacks and lose weight, here’s a simple trick — place the healthy snack closer to where you’re sitting.
A new study from Saint Bonaventure University in New York shows that people reach for low-calorie slices of apple more often than buttery popcorn when the fruit is within easier reach, Reuters reports.
“There are the little things that we can do to just make our diets healthier, and one of them is the simple idea to just put the healthy foods closer to you and you’ll find you can use your laziness to your advantage,” Gregory Privitera, the researcher behind the study, told the agency.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time