Michael C. Hall will be seen on Broadway in heels and a miniskirt from Oct. 16 after the actor accepted the role of German transsexual rocker Hedwig in the popular musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch, the Associated Press reports.
Hall is best known for playing a funeral director in HBO’s Six Feet Under and a serial killer in Dexter, both of which earned him Emmy nominations. Most recently, he joined Marisa Tomei, Toni Collette and Tracy Letts on stage this spring in Will Eno’s play The Realistic Joneses.
The lead role in Hedwig and the Angry Inch is currently being played by Andrew Rannells of The Book of Mormon fame and who also starred in the HBO series Girls. Rannells replaced How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris and will end his stint as Hedwig on Oct. 12.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Rishi Iyengar at email@example.com