Who knew that Jenny from the Block’s block was located on Wisteria Lane?
The trailer for Jennifer Lopez’s new thriller The Boy Next Door takes a page out of the Desperate Housewives playbook — but instead of sleeping with a pool boy, a vulnerable and recently separated Lopez has a steamy night with the high school-aged boy next door, Noah — who has the abs of actor Ryan Guzman.
Realizing that it is really not okay for a 40-something to sleep with a high school student who — spoiler alert! — is friends with your son and a new student in your class, Lopez tries to cut things off. Unfortunately, poor little Noah is a threatening sociopath who won’t take no for an answer. If this trailer is any indication, the movie is a series of stalking, pictures of the affair getting posted around school, and creepy one liners like, “I love your mother’s cookies.”
The Boy Next Door is in theaters January 23, 2015.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org