Here’s your first glimpse into The Last 5 Years, the film adaptation of Jason Robert Brown’s popular off-Broadway musical. Anna Kendrick plays struggling actress Cathy alongside Jeremy Jordan in the role of her beau Jamie. The film follows their five-year relationship through two different timelines: Cathy’s at the end of the love affair, and Jamie’s at the beginning.
The first clip from the film, out in 2015, shows Cathy serenading Jamie during a car ride with a song that assures him that he’ll never have to change anything about himself. “You don’t have to put the seat down / You don’t have to watch the news / You don’t have to learn to tango / You don’t have to eat prosciutto,” she sings (while occasionally kissing him, even though he’s driving and that’s dangerous). Here’s the thing, though: he should probably put the seat down to be courteous, he should probably watch the news to stay informed and should probably eat prosciutto because it’s delicious, especially with melon. She’s right, however, that he does not really need to learn to tango.
Watch the clip up top.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org